It hardly requires any confirmation that office is where all the action is as far as any business is concerned. However, big or small the business house might be it is very important to ensure that the office is always kept in good condition and is spick and span at all points of time. However, at the same time one has also to understand that an office is a place there is alot of foot traffic and human movement. It will be a place where a lot of information will be stored in the form of documents and files. Keeping electronic gadget and computer dust free is key to optimal use and longevity. As mentioned in previous blog - keeping your electronic equipment clean - will only keep you business running smoothly. Furniture and fixtures will be there in good quantities. Hence, there always is a risk of the office become a congested and cluttered place. So, in this article we will try and have a look at the various points in maintaining a clean office and organized all time. However, this should not impact information flow and should also not hamper productivity and efficiency of the office.
Here are some useful points that could help in keeping an office neat and clutter free:
1. The Concept Of Building Upwards is something that is successfully implemented by the likes of Austin Commercial Cleaning and other such office maintenance and upkeep service providers. Building a wall unit and making use of the space available from flooring to ceiling can go a long way in reducing clutter in office.
2. If we look around and examine closely, there could be quite a few dead spaces. These could be spaces under the tables that could be put to better use. Sliding drawers is one big example of the scientific use of space in an office.
3. Finding public storage space off site is also something that should always be explored. There should be a clear-cut demarcation of the age of files and documents. Anything that pertains to dates behind such demarcations should be moved out of the office so that it becomes clutter free.
4. Get into the habit of destroying unwanted paper and communication. It would always be better to avoid taking printouts of documents. Even if they are needed it should is kept to the minimum and old documents should be shredded and disposed off regularly. Electronic storage mediums should be encouraged at all points of time and paperwork should be kept to the basic minimum at all points of time.
5. Taming the cables that emanate from your personal computers, fax machines, scanning machines, and photocopying machines is very important to decongest and give a cleaner and smarter look to the office. Try and go in for wireless devices and gadgets to the maximum extent possible. If this is not possible in some instances, this lies on you to find out ways by which cables and wires can be better organized and not visible to the naked eye. Hanging wires and dangling cables can be a big eyesore and spoil the entire looks and appearances of any office.
6. However small the workspace is, it would always be better to try and enlarge it by using wardrobes and other such wall fixtures and fittings. It will help to release very precious office space and will go a long way in removing clutter and congestion from office.
7. The concept of hidden storage is something that professionals like Austin Commercial Cleaning always keeps referring to. It is a very important, efficient and time-tested way by which office can become very organized and neat.
8. There should be space for everything that is used in the office. It will not only ensure a neat office at all points of time but will also prevent buying things for office without planning in advance. Impulsive buying and storing is one of the big reasons for cluttering up office space.
9. Use cloud computing and storing to the maximum extent possible. This will reduce the need for external storage devices and help save a lot of space.
10. Finally, it is very important to review the use of office space and take preventive action and also re-work the office space as and when necessary.